AMP WordPress Plugin Review-: If your website is not optimized for Mobile Browsing then it will hurt your SEO ranking. Google lists mobile-friendly web pages on top of the search result. In this post, I will explain How you can make your website Mobile friendly using AMP.
What is Accelerated Mobile Pages-:
AMP (originally an acronym for Accelerated Mobile Pages) is an open-source HTML framework developed by the AMP Open Source Project. It was originally created by Google as a competitor to Facebook Instant Articles and Apple News.AMP is optimized for mobile web browsing and intended to help webpages load faster. AMP pages may be cached by a CDN, such as Microsoft Bing or Cloudflare’s AMP caches, which allows pages to be served more quickly.
AMP was first announced on October 7, 2015. After a technical preview period, AMP pages began appearing in Google mobile search results in February 2016.AMP was initially criticized for potentially giving further control over the web to Google. The AMP Project announced it would move to an open governance model on September 18, 2018.
AMP WordPress Plugin Review-:
Mobile searches and users are increasing day by day. Therefore it is important that your website is mobile-friendly. This plugin makes your WordPress website mobile-friendly and very fast for mobile users. With this plugin, you can make your site mobile-friendly in a few seconds.
This official plugin from the AMP project enables AMP content publishing with WordPress in a way that is fully and seamlessly integrated with the standard mechanisms of the platform. The key features are the following:
- Automate the process of generating AMP-valid markup as much as possible, letting users follow the standard workflows they are used to in WordPress.
- Provide effective validation tools to help users deal with AMP incompatibilities when they happen, including mechanisms for identifying, contextualizing, and resolving issues caused by validation errors.
- Provide development support to make it easier for WordPress developers to build AMP-compatible ecosystem components and build websites and solutions with AMP-compatibility built-in.
- Support the serving of AMP pages to make it easier for site owners to take advantage of mobile redirection, AMP-to-AMP linking, and generation of optimized AMP by default (via PHP port of AMP Optimizer).
- Provide a turnkey solution for segments of WordPress creators to be able to go from zero to publishing AMP pages in no time, regardless of technical expertise or availability of resources.
The official AMP plugin for WordPress is a powerful tool that helps you build user-first WordPress sites, that is, sites that are fast, beautiful, secure, engaging, and accessible. A user-first site will deliver experiences that delight your users and therefore will increase user engagement and the success of your site. And, contrary to the popular belief of being only for mobile sites (it doesn’t stand for Accelerated Mobile Pages anymore!), AMP is a fully responsive web component framework, which means that you can provide AMP experiences for your users on both mobile and desktop devices.
If you like my work, Please Share on Social Media! You can Follow WP knol on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube for latest updates. You may Subscribe to WP Knol Newsletter to get latest updates via Email. You May also Continue Reading my Recent Posts Which Might Interest You.