What is phpMyAdmin? That Every WordPress User Must Know-: WordPress Database has two major feature First is to WordPress Installation itself and second is the contents of the wp-content directory which includes the themes, plugins and uploads.WordPress Database is stored on table. In the current version of WordPress, there are 11 tables which are as follow.
WordPress Database has two major segments. First is to WordPress installation itself and second is the contents of the wp-content directory which includes the themes, plugins and uploads.WordPress stores all of its information in the MySQL database and interacts with the database to generate information within your WordPress site.
phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. phpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations on MySQL and MariaDB. Frequently used operations (managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc) can be performed via the user interface, while you still have the ability to directly execute any SQL statement.
What is phpMyAdmin?
The phpMyAdmin project is a member of Software Freedom Conservancy. SFC is a not-for-profit organization that helps promote, improve, develop, and defend Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS) projects. To Access Demo Page Click Here. Most of the major Hosting Provider provide phpMyAdmin in cPanel to manage WordPress Database.
Silent Feature of phpMyAdmin-:
- Intuitive web interface
- Support for most MySQL features:
- manage stored procedures and triggers
- Import data from CSV and SQL
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 – OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, LATEX and others
- Administering multiple servers
- Creating graphics of your database layout in various formats
- Creating complex queries using Query-by-example (QBE)
- Searching globally in a database or a subset of it
- Transforming stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
- phpMyAdmin can run on any server or any OS as it has a web browser.
- We can easily create, delete, and edit the database and can manage all elements using the graphical interface of phpMyAdmin, which is much easier than MySQL command-line editor.
- phpMyAdmin helps us to control the user’s permission and operate several servers at the same time.
- We can also backup our database and export the data into different formats like XML, CSV, SQL, PDF, OpenDocument Text, Excel, Word, and Spreadsheet, etc.
- We can execute complex SQL statements and queries, create and edit functions, triggers, and events using the graphical interface of phpMyAdmin.
The disadvantage of phpMyAdmin-:
- phpMyAdmin is a simple interface, but quite tough for a beginner to learn.
- phpMyAdmin is difficult to install as it needs three more software tools before installation, which is- Apache server, PHP, and MySQL.
- We have to install all these software tools individually, whereas XAMPP already contains them in a single package. XAMPP is the easiest way to get phpMyAdmin.
- It has no schema visualization.
- phpMyAdmin is a web-based software tool which runs only on the browser, so It completely depends on browsers.
- It does not have auto-compilation capability.
phpMyAdmin allows you to interact with the database directly: it also lets you mess up the database directly. There is no “undo” or “undelete” in your database. Always exercise caution when working with the database. It is Always Recommended to Take Database backup on equal interval time.
Conclusion-: Most of the WordPress Hosting provider use phoMyAdmin with Apache server. phpMyAdmin is translated into 72 languages and also supports both RTL and LTR languages so that the wide range of people can easily use this software. phpMyAdmin lacks a lot of features in import/export functionality.
Thanks for reading…“Pardon my grammar, English is not my native tongue.”
If you like my work, Please Share on Social Media! You can Follow WP knol on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube for latest updates. You may Subscribe to WP Knol Newsletter to get latest updates via Email. You May also Continue Reading my Recent Posts Which Might Interest You.